5.0.0pre1 Linux/x86 available - Was: Re: [GRASS5] instructions for making binaries

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 24 03:18:56 EDT 2001

Hi Moritz,

many thanks for building the Linux binaries. They are in place now
on the web site - available for testing.

Thanks,

 Markus

PS: I will be offline 'til Sunday.

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:49:36PM +0200, mlennert at ulb.ac.be wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:46:44PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Mhhh. It shouldn't appear any more as create_ipcs.sh is removed and all
> > > cp's as well. Somewhere we probably missed to remove it. When does it
> > > appear?
> >
> > o.k, I found it:
> > ./src/CMD/generic/POST_INSTALL.sh
> >
> > and have removed it. Glynn, shall we keep the create_fifos.sh there?
> >
> > Moritz: Does it break the installation? Then we have to release pre2...
> > If it is just a warning, we can live with that.
>
> It doesn't seem to cause any problems up to now. I'm testing right now. d.rast
> works well here (no speed or system resources problems), so does nviz,
> apparently.
>
> Maybe we should put up a list of modules that we can use as a test suite.
> Preferably with a specific test data set. I don't even know most of the GRASS
> modules, and so a list of mission critical modules to test would be good.
>
> I'll make the binaries and ftp them in so that others can test them.
>
> Moritz

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984