[GRASS5] instructions for making binaries

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu May 24 13:48:33 EDT 2001

Hi Moritz,

i once started an automated grass test suite. Due to technical problems
and time restrictions it is only half done.

If you install dejagnu (which depends on tk and expect) you can run a
basic test suite. It worked on linux (for me), but failed on IRIX and
Solaris (for me). Try "make check" after compiling and installing grass.

HTH,

Andreas

mlennert at ulb.ac.be wrote:

> > Hi again,
> >
> > On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:46:44PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Mhhh. It shouldn't appear any more as create_ipcs.sh is removed and all
> > > cp's as well. Somewhere we probably missed to remove it. When does it
> > > appear?
> >
> > o.k, I found it:
> > ./src/CMD/generic/POST_INSTALL.sh
> >
> > and have removed it. Glynn, shall we keep the create_fifos.sh there?
> >
> > Moritz: Does it break the installation? Then we have to release pre2...
> > If it is just a warning, we can live with that.
>
> It doesn't seem to cause any problems up to now. I'm testing right now. d.rast
> works well here (no speed or system resources problems), so does nviz,
> apparently.
>
> Maybe we should put up a list of modules that we can use as a test suite.
> Preferably with a specific test data set. I don't even know most of the GRASS
> modules, and so a list of mission critical modules to test would be good.
>
> I'll make the binaries and ftp them in so that others can test them.
>
> Moritz

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net