[GRASS5] Socket compilation error on HP-UX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed May 30 00:53:58 EDT 2001

Robert Lagacé wrote:

> I remove the the include line and the compilation did not complained
> but I do not know the implact.

Removing the line shouldn't cause any problems.

> The XDRIVER is not linked correctly because
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lX11.
>
> I need to find the X11 lib.

It's normally in "/usr/X11/lib". If it is installed, but the
"configure" script can't find it, you can use the "--x-libraries"
argument to force a specific directory.

> > > Yep; it's from the original attempt at getting the mouse functions to
> > > terminate on EOF (from a couple of days ago). The select() has now
> > > moved to Serve_Xevent.c.
> >
> > No it isn't; I was getting confused with command.c (which had a
> > select() added then removed).
> >
> > > However, it appears that <sys/types.h> is the correct file to
> > > include.
> >
> > This is still true. I'll change this.
>
> What are the symbols or functions defined there?

The ones for which <sys/select.h> was being used are the fd_set type
and the FD_ZERO and FD_SET macros. In GNU libc 2, these are defined in
<sys/select.h> but that file is included from <sys/types.h>. The
latter is apparently the correct file to include for these
definitions.