[GRASS5] Multiple attribute support in GRASS 5.1: someconsiderations (long)

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Mon May 14 02:40:57 EDT 2001

Radim Blazek wrote:

> aaime wrote:
> > During the last days I've spent some time thinking about new vector
> > capabilities in GRASS 5.1, and in particular for what concerns multiple
> > attribute support and DBMS integration. I would like to share my thougths
> > with you. Please forgive my english, I'm not used to write such a long text
> > and I don't have enogh time to consult a dictionary and a grammar :-)
>
> Have you read grass51/doc/vector/vector.html? Probably not, so I would
> recomend you to look at it because some related proposals are there
> and some experimental code is written in grass51 (g51). For example d.vect
> with where= (SQL where) is already working.

Sorry, I look at it some time ago and I didn't noticed it had been
updated. I'll print it, have a look at some more discussion and then
talk back when I have something new to say :-)
Regards
Andrea Aime

PS: I'm interested both in spatial indexes both in overlay operations...
can I join your work :-)?