[GRASS5] PAGER changed to GRASS_PAGER

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri May 4 12:57:03 EDT 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 02:16:07PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Glynn
>
> Glynn Clements wrote:
> > I would suspect that most of the actual programs can be changed,
> > although more consideration needs to be given to library functions.
> > It seems conceivable that spawning "less" in the wrong place (e.g.
> > from within an interactive program) might cause problems.
>
> Hmmm. Then we probably should list this as a TODO item and leave
> changing "more" to "GRASS_PAGER" until after 5.0. Markus, any comments?

Of course we should experiment too much now... However, I dislike the
"less" behaviour in i.group and others, if you "list" the existing
groups. reason: "less" doesn't exit immediately but waits for the user
pressing "q" to quit. That's very inconvenient. If I switch to "more",
the available groups are listed and "more" is left.

Markus