[GRASS5] all the DXF modules...

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Nov 10 13:39:15 EST 2001

Hi,

today I "played" a bit with DXF contour files (3D DXF).
It seems that we have a slightly confusing number of
DXF import modules...

But first: I have added DXF layer output to v.in.dxf. It
should be a flag, but the write routines are spreaded all over the source
code. So far the module now prints the layers after import, for example:

Following DXF layers found:
Layer 1 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_68
Layer 2 MURI
Layer 3 LINEE_ELETTRICHE
Layer 4 LEGENDA
Layer 5 STRADE
Layer 6 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_70
Layer 7 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_65
Layer 8 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_66
Layer 9 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_67
Layer 10 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_64
Layer 11 SOMMIT__SCARPATA
Layer 12 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_69
Layer 13 TORRENTE
Layer 14 CURVE_ORDINARIE
Layer 15 SOMMIT__SCARPATA_63

I think that's useful.

For import we have:
v.in.dxf: Converts files in DXF format to ASCII or binary GRASS vector file
format.

v.in.dxf3d: Converts the Z values of DXF files to attribute GRASS vector
file
format.

v.in.dxf3d.sh: Imports 3D contour lines from DXF3D file using v.in.dxf and
v.in.dxf3d

v.cadlabel: Attaches labels to (binary) vector contour lines that have been
imported to GRASS from DXF format.

v.import, v.export

Maybe it would make sense to merge v.in.dxf and v.in.dxf3d with
an optional flag for the Z value. And what about v.cadlabel...?

Comments and volunteers would be welcome.

Best regards

 Markus