[GRASS5] configure postgres problem

sixote alin sixote at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 05:33:03 EST 2001

Hi

had some problems with configure script which could
not correctly define PCINCPATH and PQLIBPATH
variables:

----from config.log

configure:6827: checking whether to use PostgreSQL
configure:6847: checking for location of PostgreSQL
includes
configure:6873: checking for libpq-fe.h
configure:6881: gcc -E  /usr/local/pgsql/include
conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out

----
now that would give error unless I put
-I/usr/local/pgsql/include and
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib into configure script variables
on line 6836

later, the linux-686-specific head file requires the
same -I and -L  handwork added prefixes to allow
compilation of old postgres modules
----------------
I use sources from the cvs snapshot of Nov 9

there's also a small error in
src.garden/gr*/g.colum*/infxColumn.c:

#ifdef __CYGWIN__
#include <postgres_fe.h>
#else
#include <postgres.h>
#endif

because we have postgres_fe.h for linux/postgres-7.1.3