[GRASS5] [bug #859] (grass) raster data at lower resolution: no resampling...

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 28 03:39:17 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 06:56:57PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> As far as I can tell, in a nutshell:
>
> The code attempts to map the cell row/col value that is most closely
> aligned with the center of the region row/col.  It builds an explicit
> column mapping, and leaves the decision to which rows to use for
> each row fetch operation.
>
> It's difficult to follow a lot of that code since it uses globals
> and additionally uses #define's to rename various parts of a global
> data structure.  Relevant files include: G.h, opencell.c, get_row.c,
> window_map.c, and probably a few others (depending on what you think
> is relevant).
>
> All of the low-level byte encoding/compression at the file level is
> not relevant to the mapping of cell values to match the region.
>
> --
> Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>

Thanks Eric and Glynn for looking at that.

A note for those not knowing Doxygen (www.doxygen.org):
I have added a Doxygen control file into the main directory,
to get it
cvs up Doxyfile

When running "doxygen" on GRASS or just on the src/libes directory
a nice bunch of HTML pages comes out with graphs for the dependencies.
This may be a way to get an overview of the code structure.

Shall I put these HTML pages online?

Eric, did you find somewhere the resampling rules?

Markus