[GRASS5] s.proj site header

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Oct 1 08:04:18 EDT 2001

Helena,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 07:08:56PM -0500, Helena wrote:
> Markus,
>
> the quick reference of GRASS ascii formats is at
>
> http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/format.html
>
> So if it is OK please put it at
> http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/index.html
> under reference manual sections

Thanks for this, I have added it in CVS. You find it online
now as proposed.

> Actually I noticed that the site ascii format has been
> included into description of s.in.ascii in the users manual
> however the info about the header was not included, so
> you may want to put it there too.
> (http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/s.in.ascii.html)

Yes, done. I also added the cross-ref to the ASCII formats page.

> >A new implementation seen in s.in.shape is there, but commented.
> what do you mean by this?

I have borrowed the code from s.in.shape to write the timestamp,
put I got lost with strings/pointers, so you find this code
commented in s.proj. At time (CVS version) the "desc" is not
written any more. If someone could check the s.proj/main.c -
will be easy to finish that for a strings/sites expert (hi Eric :-)

> >The time stamp facility does not appear to work at present.
> I found this in manual for s.in.shape - does this mean that the time stamp
> associated with the shape file is not imported?

I don't know, but I think it will be working in s.in.shape. Please note
that from a C standpoint the implementation in s.in.shape and s.proj
slightly differ (some pointers stuff).

Markus