[GRASS5] pre2 nviz & darwin -- part ii

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Sun Oct 28 07:55:41 EST 2001

Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> On Saturday, October 27, 2001, at 10:00 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > In short, the symptoms which you describe are exactly what I would
> > expect to happen if Ninit() was called twice.
> >
> > Try changing the first block of code above to e.g.:
> >
> >         if (Tk_Init(interp) == TCL_ERROR) {
> >               fprintf(stderr, "Tk_Init failed\n");
> >               return TCL_ERROR;
> >         }
>
> Hi Glynn,
>
> Thanks, I changed the code as you have kindly provided.
>
> I then deleted the OBJ directory (in the nviz directory). Next I ran
> gmake5, gmakelinks5. I then deleted the nviz binary, followed by a make
> install in the /usr/src/grass directory.
>
> But no matter what the nviz binary is dated oct 12 - the day I built the
> Pre2 binaries.
>
> Do I have do do a make clean and reconfigure again? I would like to
> avoid recompiling the entire build again if it can be helped.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeshua Lacock                                http://OpenOSX.com
> Programmer/Owner                     http://SierraMaps.com
> Phone: (760) 935-4736            http://3dTopoMaps.com

Jeshua,

You should probably run gmake5 -i (for install). The location to check
for the actual custom nviz wish binary is $GISBASE/etc/nivz2.2/. The
binary is entitled NVWISH2.2. The nviz program (nviz) found in
$GISBASE/bin is simply a script which invakes the NVWISH2.2 program.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting