[GRASS5] pre2 nviz & darwin -- part ii

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sun Oct 28 18:05:49 EST 2001

On Sunday, October 28, 2001, at 02:47 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> Tk_Init failed
>> Application initialization failed: Can't find a usable tk.tcl in the
>> following directories:
>>      /System/Library/Tcl/tk8.3 /usr/local/grass5/etc/lib/tk8.3
>> /usr/local/grass5/lib/tk8.3 /usr/local/grass5/etc/library
>> /usr/local/grass5/library /usr/local/grass5/tk8.3/library
>> /usr/local/tk8.3/library
>>
>> This probably means that tk wasn't installed properly.
>
> Odd. "tcltkgrass" works, right? How about "wish"? If these work, that
> suggests a problem with NVWISH2.2, which should be looked at.

Hello Glynn,

Yes - Absolutely they both work with flying colors.

> Do you have any idea where NVWISH2.2 is getting that list of
> directories from?

Hmm - actually I don't.  It is not from the path environment variable,
though.  I grepped the nviz2.2 and the nviz2.2/scripts directory for
'/System/Library', with no matches.

> Also, I've reverted nvizAppInit.c; failure of Tk_Init() suggests a Tcl
> error, so we want Tcl's error message.

I think you lost me here. Should I revert the code back to before I
edited it?

Yours,

Jeshua Lacock                                http://OpenOSX.com
Programmer/Owner                     http://SierraMaps.com