[GRASS5] TODOs for 5.0.0

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Sep 5 15:00:52 EDT 2001

Helena,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:15:32PM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Markus
>
> did you get a chance to try the very latest changes that Bob made to NVIZ -
>
> I did not have time to do it. It would be good to make sure that everything
> runs OK.

yes, sure! Bob did an excellent job, I think. The latest changes have been
cosmetics only (except the horrible (fixed) lat/long problem).

> I checked the bug tracking system and I don't see anything terribly
> important
> there - maybe others should check too (was the NFS problem solved,

I don't know if the NFS problem is solved. We are using NFS here, so far
no problems. However, maybe our installation differs from the Trieste's one.

> how about r.cost segmentation fault?
Even no idea, no problems here.

> v.in.shape dumps core occasionally, but that is
> probably more data than the program - it should just crash in a nicer way, but these aren't
> crucial).
Yes, v.in.shape is still a bit weak (due to those ugly data). However, David
is offline for some more time. Volunteers?

> I think that you should release it so that we can have one stable version
> and move on to 5.1 as everybody seems to have lots of plans for new improvements
> (including myself).
>
> Helena

Yes, it's almost getting too much new ideas :-)

Other comments?

 Markus