[GRASS5] r.in.gdal and GCPs

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Sep 6 03:49:21 EDT 2001

Frank:

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> scaling with r.mapcalc, but somehow I wasn't doing it right. Also, how
> do I get information on the min, max, and mean of a raster?  I tried
> r.info, r.describe, and r.stats but couldn't seem to find what I would
> wanting.

Maybe r.statistics, but it seems to be broken (the handshake to r.stats
seems to have the wrong option flags). Of course it's overkill, but with
the R interface, it's:

GRASS:~ > R
> library(GRASS)
> summary(rast.get(gmeta(), "topo")[[1]])
   Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
   40.0    62.0   100.0   115.3   167.0   278.0

for the leics topo layer.

Would a small collection of shell scripts to use R for things like this be
any use (R can be run as a back-end)? (I've already written s.kcv
look-alike as an R function).

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.