[GRASS5] fifo problems opening X0 display (CVS compile) (fwd)

Tim Sutton sutton_t at giug.net
Wed Sep 12 16:13:24 EDT 2001

Hi

Just a quick note to say thank you for your help. I had indeed checked
out the dev branch and not the release branch.
As recommended, I did:

cvs update -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0

to check out the correct branch of cvs, then uncommented:

USE_G_SOCKS defined in src/include/config.h

Then did a

make uninstall && make clean

To clean up my previous botched installation, and finally

./configure --with-socket
make
su - root
make install

Everything works fine now. I am pleased to see the shapefile importer
seems to work quite now - I never had much luck with it before.

Regards

Tim Sutton