[GRASS5] Autopan weirdness in v.digit

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Sep 19 00:32:01 EDT 2001

Does anyone object to excising the code from v.digit/slid_window.c that
sets "button =-1", and the associated "case -1:" switch body?  The
behavior exhibited is highly dependent on window manager focus settings
and the tight loop it goes into just burns CPU cycles.  I personally don't
see the behavior is very useful, and find it somewhat obnoxious how the
mouse cursor appears to be flipping out and the v.digit terminal display
is being constantly rewritten (with flashing).

I know setting GRASS_PAN_THRESHOLD=0 will stop this behavior, but will new
users?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>