[GRASS5] [bug #804] (grass) r.in.gdal: writing map timestamp (wish)

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Sep 20 06:22:12 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=804

Subject: r.in.gdal: writing map timestamp (wish)

grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS

Hi again,

a wish for r.in.gdal: It would be great if the map timestamp
would be written (see r.timestamp for coding).

There is a real need to keep the timestamp for maps, especially
in terms of multitemporal analysis. Since GRASS already provides
the DateTime library, we should use this feature for as much
modules as possible. However, it starts with the data import.

At least remote sensing image formats usually contain the
timestamp which is already extracted by the GDAL lib.

Thank in advance,

 Markus