[GRASS5] Darwin Pre2 Config Errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Fri Sep 21 04:18:32 EDT 2001

Greetings,

The configure script is locating the header files but not their
respective library located in the correctly specified directory.

Just these following lib checks are failing:

> checking for location of PNG includes... /usr/local/include
> checking for png.h... yes
> checking for location of PNG library... /usr/local/lib
> checking for png_read_png in -lpng... no
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate PNG library.
> checking for location of GD includes... /usr/local/include
> checking for gd.h... yes
> checking for location of GD library... /usr/local/lib
> checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate GD library.
> checking for gdImageGif... no
> checking for gdImagePng... no
> checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes... /usr/local/include/
> checking for tcl.h... yes
> checking for tk.h... no
> configure: warning: *** Could not find 'tk.h'.

This one is really weird, it finds 'tcl.h' but not 'tk.h' located in the
same directory.

> configure: warning: *** Tcl/Tk version mismatch.

Hmm, this one is new. I'm stumped.

> checking for location of Tcl/Tk libraries... /usr/local/lib
> checking for Tcl_Init in -ltcl... yes
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk... no
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate Tk library.

Any ideas?

The rest of the configure output looks good.

BTW: I have decided to skip the BLAS and LAPACK libraries for now
because they are Fortran.  What module(s) use them?  Also, perhaps they
could be added to the optional section in the Requirements?

Thanks again,

Jeshua Lacock                                http://OpenOSX.com
Programmer/Owner                     http://SierraMaps.com
Phone: (760) 935-4736            http://3dTopoMaps.com