[GRASS5] [bug #976] (grass) v.transform would not read that header of files

rgrmill at rt66.com rgrmill at rt66.com
Wed Apr 3 18:56:33 EST 2002

Radim wrote:

> > Subject: v.transform would not read that header of files
> >
> > Roger Miller /Carl Worth wrote
> >
> >  > > 10. v.out.ascii gave me a header with a blank line imbedded in
it, and
> >  > > v.transform would not read that header.
> >  >
> >  > As far as I used v.transform, it doesn't need a header. From
> >  > http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/v.transform.html
> >  > "An example of the pointsfile file:
> >
> > I just ran into the same bug. It's not in the pointsfile, but
rather
> > that v.out.ascii makes a blanks line in the header of the generated
> > vector ascii file. Then, v.transform aborts when it encounters the
> > blank line.
> >
> > I don't know which module is buggy here.
>
> I have changed v.transform to read/write binary vectors.
> Roger, can you test it?

Thank's a lot Radim.  I ran a test.  The new v.transform read and wrote
the binary files correctly, but died on a segmentation fault after
writing the output file.  Is it supposed to also transform the dig_atts
file?  It did not.

> BTW: I know, that it seems, that bug is in v.out.ascii, but because I
have
> never had such problems with v.out.ascii, I was not searching for
that.
> I can look at it, if you send me location with example map causing
problems
> (blank rows).

I'll see if I can find that set again, or another that does the same
thing.  Perhaps Carl can find the set that created the problem for him.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates