[GRASS5] raster file history question

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:52:57 EST 2002

In the US many government agencies must include a standard and very detailed
metadata file with the data that they distribute. It would be extremely useful
if this file was imported
along with the data and either stored in the description part of history file
(r.info might need modification then)
or as a separate file, along with history file. As far as I know there is free
code supporting
the management of this file, in case that something more than just copying the
file to the GRASS
database would be considered.

Frank do you use or consider this file in GDAL?

Helena