[GRASS5] more vector problems

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Apr 8 20:13:26 EDT 2002

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> > BTW, d.vect and d.area have been superseded by d.vect.{area,line}.
>
> Not quite.  d.vect will draw all line work in one mode of operation,
> whereas d.vect.[area|line] will only draw area or line edges for
> labelled/built vector maps. We must keep d.vect with the capability
> to draw even spaghetti vectors lines.
>
> But, I thought I fixed this in February?  At least, it was working
> for me.  Probably hasn't been merged into the release branch?

There were significant differences between the head and release
versions of d.vect at the point that the release branch was
terminated.

The head version contains:

        D_add_to_list(G_recreate_command());
        D_set_dig_name(G_fully_qualified_name(
                    map_name, mapset));
        D_add_to_dig_list(G_fully_qualified_name(
                    map_name, mapset));