[GRASS5] Release Management (10 days to go before Freeze)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 15 05:55:13 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:19:58AM +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
> as you may know some months ago I performed some maintainance
> on s.voronoi a s.delaunay... they were just small bug fixes and
> feature enhancementes, but the central "Fortune alghorithm" was
> not modified.

Yes this was good.

> The problem is that this alghoritm doesn't take into
> account some border cases, that may  appear only with very particular
> geometric configurations (four or more cocircular points and the like):
> the result is a voronoi diagram or a triangulation that's completely
> screwed up...

> So, I think that we should
> either remove these modules or inform the user that they may
> fail. I'd prefer the latter, since these bug are hard to reproduce
> with real data and these modules can't be easily substituted,
> but I leave the decision up to you...

Can you add a description of these problems to the documentation
so that it ends up in the manpage under BUGS?

If you can then we should leave them in.

Would it be possible to add checks for these border cases so
that a warning could be spit out when running the programs?

Andrea: thanks for the important information.
Please note that I'm not a GRASS user which uses
or knows all GRASS commands or uses GRASS every day.
I'm just the release assisstant to Mr. Neteler (:))
helping him to keep a schedule.
We need your input about what is good or bad to release.

	Bernhard