[GRASS5] Release Management (10 days to go before Freeze)

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Mon Apr 15 10:07:37 EDT 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > So, I think that we should
> > either remove these modules or inform the user that they may
> > fail. I'd prefer the latter, since these bug are hard to reproduce
> > with real data and these modules can't be easily substituted,
> > but I leave the decision up to you...
>
> Can you add a description of these problems to the documentation
> so that it ends up in the manpage under BUGS?

Mmm, I can provide the description but now I have some network
problems at home, where I have the cvs write access... if I provide
the updated man page can someone check it in for me?

> If you can then we should leave them in.
>
> Would it be possible to add checks for these border cases so
> that a warning could be spit out when running the programs?

Complicated and time consuming, can't do it now (it's just a bit
easier than writing the program again, since I already have
the laid down the new alghoritm in pseudo-code). Anyway it's easy
to spot the problem just by looking at the output... these border
cases are highly destabilizing, the result diagram is really different
from a sane case...

> Andrea: thanks for the important information.
> Please note that I'm not a GRASS user which uses
> or knows all GRASS commands or uses GRASS every day.
> I'm just the release assisstant to Mr. Neteler (:))
> helping him to keep a schedule.
> We need your input about what is good or bad to release.

That's the only bug I'm aware of that's not in the bug tracker :-)
Ciao
Andrea