[GRASS5] Cleaning of temp files

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Apr 17 07:35:50 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Does anyone have a suggestion if we can install something
> like a cronjob or whatever, which deletes temp files of
> a certain age?

One other point related to temp files; the command which d.text
registers with D_add_to_list refers to a temporary file which contains
the text:

	sprintf(max_buff, "%s < %s", G_recreate_command(), wind_file_name);
	D_add_to_list(max_buff);

The only alternative would be to change the interface to d.text so
that the text was either given as a command-line argument, or in
stored in a named file which is given as a command-line argument.

This is a symptom of a more general problem with concept behind
D_add_to_list(), namely that a command which runs initially may fail
or behave differently when run at a later time.