[GRASS5] v.support/v.build

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Apr 18 10:42:39 EDT 2002

On Thursday 18 April 2002 04:03 pm, Michel Wurtz wrote:
> Radim Blazek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I spent a long time by looking for why clean data are not build properly.
> > I hope, I found the problem:
> > 1. m.in.e00 sets:  map.head.orig_scale = 100000l;
>
> Maybe a better improvement will be a more clever setting
> of scale in m.in.e00 ? I plan also to use the precision
> and threshold values supplied in most e00 files.

Yes, it may be better, the question is, what is "clever setting".
I don't know enough about e00 and in file i have here is no
threshold (BWT, where can I find e00 format description?).

If you have threshold for e00, what that means?
If it means that the file contains unclosed areas with
gaps < thresh and does not contain lines with vertices
in distance < thresh it is of course best to use that.
But I guess that's not thrue, at least for files generated by
Arc/Info - I don't know.

If you have more files with supplied threshold, could you
test to build with that threshold and threshold=0, and tell us
the results?

Radim