[GRASS5] Trouble Importing tiff files

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Apr 18 13:34:41 EDT 2002

VENKATARAMANAN RAJAGOPALAN wrote:

> I am having trouble importing a tif file and converting it into a native
> raster format for viewing.  Can anyone help me???  The image that I see on
> the display monitor is plain white(255).

Unless the image has georeferencing information (e.g. a .tfw file),
it will be imported at the origin of the location's coordinate system,
with a resolution of 1 "unit" (metre, foot, degree) per pixel.

This usually results in the image lying far outside of the current
region.

After importing, you need to set the image's boundaries with r.support
(or, with the latest CVS versions, r.region).

Also, end-user questions should be directed to GRASSLIST at baylor.edu;
this list is intended for development discussions.