[GRASS5] Shared Libraries

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Apr 21 10:59:22 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Glynn,
> > >
> > > just curious: Is there a way to allow for individual compiles with
> > > make? E.g.
> > >
> > > src/libes/proj > make
> > > makefile:2: head.mk: File or directory not found
> > > makefile:60: tail.mk: File or directory not found
> > > make: *** No rule to make target 'tail.mk'.  Stop.
> >
> > See the "gmake5" script which is created during the build process (or
> > by "make gmake".
>
> Yes - but then I receive again a static library, right?

No. The alternate build mechanism (from the "mk" directory) creates
its own "gmake5" script, which basically just runs "make" with the
right options.

Static vs shared depends upon the mid.mk file. If you use the default
file, you get static libraries; if you replace it with mid.mk.shlib,
you get shared libraries.