[GRASS5] Branching for 5.0.0 ahead

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 22 08:16:43 EDT 2002

As self-appointed release assistant
(nobody ever commented on me doing this)
I remind you that our plan is to create the release branch this week.

Thus this is your last chance to speak up that you still need
more hours to check in your stuff.

Do not start big additions to grass5 head branch
without asking on the list.

Work in progress that I've noticed:
	- d.zoom 	Radim
	- m.in.e00	Michel
	- proj		Roger

Please finish as soon as you can and let us know.
If you cannot finish this within the next days,
we might have to back the changes out and delay them to later releases.

As for the procedure:
	Markus, as GRASS project coodinator
	can you work with Glynn to actually create the Release branch?
	Glynn, you have done quite some coding lately on GRASS
	and you know a lot about CVS. Thus it would be great,
	if you could assist Markus here.

	You both have to make sure that the release branch only contains
	useful code we want to release and that you know is stable.