[GRASS5] Branching for 5.0.0 ahead

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 22 13:29:22 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 06:09:58AM -0500, Helena wrote:

> Markus, did you get and submitted the new r.sun from Jaro? It should be much
> better than the old one.

Helena, Jaro,

just uploaded! Thanks for the submission.

Note that I have done a few cosmetics:
- Changed flag text:
   -s   Incorporate the shadowing effect of terrain
  to be more clear.
- Updated Gmakefile to new style.

> May I ask somebody to run the latest submitted s.surf.rst with your data
> to make sure that we did not break anything when adding the anisotropy? We
> tested it, but it would be useful to have somebody run it independently
> (you do not have to test the anisotropy option as that is a very special
> case, but just make sure that you are getting the same results as before
> with some "standard" run).
>
> And if somebody really is bored could you also run v.surf.rst and
> r.resamp.rst to double check that they are working (although this is not
> critical as these two programs are not used too often).
>
> The cutting planes still crash nviz, but I did not have time to get the
> data to Glynn, but this is not a critical bug as it works most of the time
> and also most people do not use cutting planes. A note should be included
> into NVIZ manual.

Should be disable the "labels" and other non-existing things from the NVIZ
menu? To reduce user confusion?

Markus