[GRASS5] Using CVS to manage "experimental" vs. "stable" trees

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 23 14:23:17 EDT 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>	2) All history will be lost as files are copied from grass
>>           over to grass5.
>

> If you not the revision, it still can be tracked.
> But not as easily with automatic tools as before.

Bernhard,

If the majority of moving stuff to the 5.1 tree is done in one big batch,
can't someone at Intevation just do the copying by copying over the ,v files
from the old tree to the appropriate location in the new tree thereby
preserving all the history?

It would be a pity to lose all the history, especially since we don't keep
log entries in the code.

Best regards,