[GRASS5] ProgmanGrass: unsuitable format?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 24 08:00:39 EDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:40:42PM +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I would like to know if it's possible to get (or generate)
> an HTML version of the Grass programmer's manual, since the pdf version
> is a nightmare when it comes to browse and find function definitions...
> a frame based version with a frame for the index and a frame
> for the contents would be the best, but something like the grass
> manual would be very useful too...

Hi Andrea,

that's no problem: Just run
  make html

then latex2html is created an HTML version of that book.

If desired, I can add this to the web site.

A hint for PDF: When using acroread, you can click on all
functions (as I have implemented hyperrefs). Enjoy the index
at the end of the PDF book where all functions are listed.
Clicking on them, you reach back the describing text.

Ciao

 Markus