[GRASS5] documentation

Moritz Lennert fa1079 at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Apr 30 07:14:53 EDT 2002

Hi all,

The French list is very actively preparing work on documentation.

Here's the plan for further procedure:

1) I will (next week) rework the grass5tutor pages, in order to weed out the php and make them docbook-xml compliant.
2) We will then flesh out these pages with some more text, and links to relevant documents (dependant on 3)
3) We have to go through the entire stock of existing documentation in order to weed out the useless stuff
4) We have to write whatever is missing.

As we've discussed here as well, docbook-xml seems a good solution. Someone suggested getxml (gettext for
xml) for internationalization. I don't know getxml, yet, so I'll have to look into that, but if we could get some gettext functionality that would be great.

Another question that came up: should we create a 'documentation' repository in cvs ? At the moment, there is one for the French side, but maybe a centralized repository
would be better. And I believe that it should be seperate from the grass source tree in order not to complicate issues of release branching etc.

So, what do you think ?

Moritz