[GRASS5] [bug #1228] (grass) Floats for XY regions!

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 7 22:05:05 EDT 2002

Request Tracker wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1228
>
> Subject: Floats for XY regions!
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: 5pre4
>
> Hi,
> after defining a region like
> N:1 S:-1 W:-1.75 E:0.25 NSRES&EWRES:0.1
> in a XY location, another run of "g.region",option=1 will most likely result in a display of
> N:1,S:-1,W:2,E:0, NSRES&EWRES: illegal distance
> even WITHOUT changing the above mentioned parameters.
>
> A possible solution would be to make the regions dimension FLOATS
> insteads of INTs.

Mea Culpa.

The region's dimensions *are* floats. However, the interactive region
editing code rounds them to a whole number of seconds for lat-lon
locations, and to a whole number of units for everything else.

This was done originally to prevent the value from exceeding the width
of the editing field and messing up the display. I'll look into
producing a fix (or, at least, a workaround) for X-Y locations.

In the meantime, using g.region non-interactively should work.