[GRASS5] Objections to release 5.0.0stable?

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 14 17:11:06 EDT 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> We should add a bug /wish for these PNG issues.

It isn't specifically a PNG issue. The same problems apply equally to
the CELL and HTMLMAP drivers; some of the issues also apply to
XDRIVER.

The real issue is with the conventions surrounding the monitors, and
with d.mon.

It also has implications for the parser; ideally, a program should be
able to accept a fixed set of options for itself, but also allow
arbitrary additional options to be specified, which would be passed on
to other programs.

At present, the only way for individual drivers to receive additional
options is via environment variables, which is somewhat messy.