[GRASS5] release branch testers wanted (tarball provided)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Aug 22 12:05:49 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have written an build-script which follows the release_rules
for binaries and
- downloads the release_branch from cvs
- builds GRASS without PostgreSQL support (needed for NVIZ)
- builds in a next step the PostgreSQL modules
- packages everything

The result is the common tarball with install script.
It runs fully automated.

So I would like to know if someone could test this tarball:

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5_i686-pc-linux-gnu_install.sh
http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5.0.0_test_RB20020822_i686-pc-linux-gnu_bin.tar.gz
36695777 bytes, Release branch from today, 22 Aug 2002.

Since we want to get out the stable version the next days (at
least me), some people should test above.
Later we can use the script to post binaries on the web,
I can provide that for GNU/Linux/ix86 and maybe Solaris/SUN.

Cheers,

 Markus