[GRASS5] release branch testers wanted (tarball provided)

Andreas Lange Andreas.C.Lange at GMX.de
Thu Aug 22 14:19:09 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written an build-script which follows the release_rules
> for binaries and
> - downloads the release_branch from cvs
> - builds GRASS without PostgreSQL support (needed for NVIZ)
> - builds in a next step the PostgreSQL modules
> - packages everything
>
> The result is the common tarball with install script.
> It runs fully automated.
>
> So I would like to know if someone could test this tarball:
>
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5_i686-pc-linux-gnu_install.sh
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5.0.0_test_RB20020822_i686-pc-linux-gnu_bin.tar.gz
> 36695777 bytes, Release branch from today, 22 Aug 2002.
>
> Since we want to get out the stable version the next days (at
> least me), some people should test above.
> Later we can use the script to post binaries on the web,
> I can provide that for GNU/Linux/ix86 and maybe Solaris/SUN.

Hi,

installation on Red Hat Linux 7.0 was successful. tcltkgrass starts, i
tested the usual things (d.mon, g.region, d.rast, d.vect, d.sites, some
others). But i have currently not the time for a closer inspection of
the modules (nviz, pgsql etc.).

I think the tcltkgrass d.scale error needs to be fixed (see bugreport).

Andreas