[GRASS5] release branch testers wanted (tarball provided)

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Fri Aug 23 02:17:41 EDT 2002

At Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:05:49 +0200 Markus Neteler wrote:

Hello Markus

> The result is the common tarball with install script.
> It runs fully automated.
>
> So I would like to know if someone could test this tarball:
>
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5_i686-pc-linux-gnu_install.sh
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/grass5.0.0_test_RB20020822_i686-pc-linux-gnu_bin.tar.gz
> 36695777 bytes, Release branch from today, 22 Aug 2002.

The installation procedure finishes without any errors, but I could not
start until I set the correct $GISBASE in $DESTDIR/grass5. It pointed to
/tmp/grass5bin_cvsTMP/grass5. also the file $BINDIR/grass$NAME_VER was
empty. I am using debian testing on amd athlon

Perhaps I should say, that I changed the variable $NAME_VER from
NAME_VER=5 to NAME_VER=5_stable in grass5_i686-pc-linux-gnu_install.sh
in order to keep my running GRASS installation clean and working ;-)

But after cleaning up this difficulties I could launch GRASS as usual.
- tcltkgrass works
- db.* modules work
- d.*.pg work
- nviz does _not_ launch -> it says that something relating to wish
couldn't be found, but my usuall GRASS_intallation can start nviz
without probs.

perhaps I should try to build on my maschine?

cheers
  stephan

--
Stephan Holl