[GRASS5] [bug #1107] (grass) v.digit locks if the terminal is too small

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Aug 23 20:00:11 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Maybe we should add a check for the terminal size for v.digit.
>
> This I tried, but I didn't understand how to do it (curses
> didn't give me the numbers as suggested by Glynn). An expert
> is needed here :-)

It works fine for me. If I add the line:

    fprintf(stderr, "LINES = %d, COLS = %d\n", LINES, COLS);

to Init_curses() in dig_curses.c, it prints:

	LINES = 24, COLS = 80

Note that v.digit doesn't initialise curses until after you have
selected a digitiser, selected a map, and filled in the information
screen for the map.

The variables are set by curses and, as such, aren't valid until
curses has been initialised (by initscr(), which is called from
V_init()).