[GRASS5] [bug #1496] (grass) tcltkgrass: balloons obscure menu subitems etc.

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Dec 25 23:10:44 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1496

GRASS 5.0.0pre4 (May 2002) debian
I'm using  tcltkgrass and as I move the pointer along the bar at the
top of the window, the little helper balloons that pop up often
obscure the subitems or even main item.

BTW, pressing on MISC and moving straight down will get one stuck in
the coordinate conversions menu, as it is stuck on the edge of my 800
wide monitor, thus anti-indented, and blocking the further menu items,
which one has to make a loop motion to get to...

BTW, there is no safeguards from the user invoking a second
tcltkgrass... no questions "are you serious?"

There is no way to close tcltkgrass from the menus.
One must reach for the X button in the corner, which indeed was a
little off my 800 wide screen....wait!, I see it now, "Quit"... it was
off the edge!

I hit display->map scale in monitor, and get a poorly placed cutoff
error window.

I display a raster map and this box comes up and I pick 'save'.
it saves a two byte empty file.
I try again and notice it has forgotten the directory i just
painstakingly chose, etc...

I choose display profile, and notice i have to reenter the name of the
raster map i just put in the display,

BTW, the button marked 'raster' might be more commonly marked
'select'...

I pick 'quit' and pick to stop all monitors but it didn't stop
it... maybe because i still had the unanswered raster question box on
the screen,

i had to use d.mon to close it.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780