[GRASS5] strange things on cmd line

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 7 06:52:49 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:56:57AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 05:39:43PM -0700, Roger Miller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 February 2002 15:31, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > today I found something unusual (maybe my error?):
> >
> > Command line continuation (are not) should be determined by your
> > shell, not by GRASS.  If it is a problem, then would it be
> > GRASS's problem or a problem with the shell?
>
> I have been using "\" successfully with other commands in GRASS (in bash).
> Only s.surf.rst fails. Probably a parsing problem in that module?

If shell continuation works, the program will see exactly the same
as with a long line. Make sure you do not have anything on the line
after the backslash.

There might be a problem with parsing spaces and tabs in the module
if the above does not solve the problem.

For illustration see the following tests:

$ echo $BASH_VERSION
2.03.0(1)-release

$ echo bla bla bla | od -tcx
0000000   b   l   a       b   l   a       b   l   a  \n
        20616c62 20616c62 0a616c62
0000014

bernhard at abnoba:~$ echo bla bla\

--
Professional Service for Free Software                   (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)