[GRASS5] [bug #914] (grass) freetype support

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Feb 8 11:19:57 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=914

Subject: freetype support

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: Debian
linux cpu: Intel (i486, i586, pentium ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
Xwindows manager: many
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS
c compiler name: gcc

This is Debian testing/unstable on a dual PPro-200.  Trying to compile
--with-blas --with-lapack --with-tcltk (and --with-freetype).

Your code looks for ft2build.h (which I think is in libfreetype6-dev.deb)
and installs into /usr/include.  That file looks to:
#include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>
and there is a note saying that "/usr/local/include/freetype2" must be
in include path.  On Debian, that should be changed to /usr/include/freetype2.
Anyway, the 2 absolute paths in question are:
/usr/include/ft2build.h
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h
I can't find anyway to get configure to find both files, it dies on
one or the other.

The remainder of this report is NOT a bug.  I just thought others might
find it of interest.  It possibly points out shortcomings in the configure
script, but I have yet to figure that process out enough to see what is
"wrong".

I had gcc-3.0 installed, and with-blas kept dying on finding the library.
The problem was libg2c (from g77-3.0) wasn't installed.  I have ordinary
BLAS and Atlas installed.  I pointed it at the Atlas BLAS library.

I have Tcl/Tk 8.2 and 8.3 installed.  By default it couldn't find any
tcl.h file.  Explicitly pointed at /usr/include/tcl8.3

I guess PostgreSQL isn't standard enough yet, configure couldn't find
/usr/include/postgresql by itself for libpq-fe.h (I think that's what it
looks for).