[GRASS5] [bug #914] (grass) freetype support

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Feb 8 12:01:05 EST 2002

Request Tracker wrote:

> Subject: freetype support

> Your code looks for ft2build.h (which I think is in libfreetype6-dev.deb)
> and installs into /usr/include.  That file looks to:
> #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>
> and there is a note saying that "/usr/local/include/freetype2" must be
> in include path.  On Debian, that should be changed to /usr/include/freetype2.
> Anyway, the 2 absolute paths in question are:
> /usr/include/ft2build.h
> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h
> I can't find anyway to get configure to find both files, it dies on
> one or the other.

This is a bug in the Debian package; ft2build.h installs into the
wrong place relative to the other freetype headers.

Move ft2build.h to /usr/include/freetype2, then use:

./configure --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2

> The remainder of this report is NOT a bug.  I just thought others might
> find it of interest.  It possibly points out shortcomings in the configure
> script, but I have yet to figure that process out enough to see what is
> "wrong".
>
> I had gcc-3.0 installed, and with-blas kept dying on finding the library.
> The problem was libg2c (from g77-3.0) wasn't installed.  I have ordinary
> BLAS and Atlas installed.  I pointed it at the Atlas BLAS library.

So you have a version of libblas which *doesn't* need libf2c/libg2c?

> I have Tcl/Tk 8.2 and 8.3 installed.  By default it couldn't find any
> tcl.h file.  Explicitly pointed at /usr/include/tcl8.3
>
> I guess PostgreSQL isn't standard enough yet, configure couldn't find
> /usr/include/postgresql by itself for libpq-fe.h (I think that's what it
> looks for).

configure deliberately does *not* attempt to guess directories. Any
include/library directories which aren't in the compiler's/linker's
default path have to be explicitly specified using --with-*-includes
and --with-*-libs.