[GRASSLIST:3102] Re: [GRASS5] GRASS 5.1 CVS snapshot available

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Feb 9 08:43:24 EST 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 02:18:07AM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Thursday 07 February 2002 23:24, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Or maybe someone else is better in openGL

> > And the filled vector polygons we should keep in mind for NVIZ.
> > Perhaps we find a volunteer,

let me note that OpenGL certainly is a good interface to write
applications like this.

> Instead I want to write v.out.pov.
> If you want realy good pictures, you must use PovRay anyway.

For education of the other readers I want add that
PovRay is a raytracer which work completly different from
most render engines that will fuel OpenGL.
PovRay also is not Free Software.
There are many interesting Free Software 3D renderers
and raytracers around, maybe we can target one of those.

--
Professional Service for Free Software                   (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)