[GRASS5] Problem on the GRASS Map generate

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 12 17:38:54 EST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 03:09:59PM -0800, zhang ji wrote:
> I wonder who can give me some advices on how to
> generate a good map from GRASS. I used to use ps.map,
> but it can not give a satisfied map , somebody
> recommend me the mapgen, it is a good tool for solaris
> paltform. but i can not find how to use it in the
> non-solaris platform.
>
> any advices are welcomed!

Many people use a vector drawing application to postprocess the
output of GRASS. GRASS is not very good at cartography.

Sketch (http://sketch.sf.net) can read xfig files and shapefiles
with a plug-in. Maybe this helps you to set up a process to get nice
maps.

	Bernhard

--
Professional Service for Free Software                   (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)