[GRASS5] Grass Projection Parameters

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Wed Feb 13 23:26:25 EST 2002

Hello,

We are developing a product called MacGrass that is based on Grass as a
powerful engine and MacGrass as an elegant front end while also adding
capabilities, features and ease of use.

I am working on the Projection GUI and I was wondering if there is way
to find out what projections and Ellipsoids require which parameters. It
was not immediately apparent by looking at documentation or the source
code in src/libes/proj or by grep'ing elsewhere.

    See <http://OpenOSX.com/MacGrassAlpha.jpg>

Is there a way to find or generate a list that shows which parameters
are required/supported by each of the 121 projections?

For instance Albers Equal Area use False Easting and Northing, etc. that
say UTM does not. Another example is UTM requires a zone and so forth.

Thank you for your time,

Programmer/Owner            Phone:   760.935.4736
http://OpenOSX.com           Fax:        760.935.4845