[GRASS5] probs with .dxf import

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Feb 15 12:12:26 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Heiko Kehlenbrink wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> got probs (again) importing a .dxf file into GRASS.
> I was trying to import a  file called sample.dxf wich i loaded
> down from www.english-nature.org.uk/pubs/gis/more.htm

Heiko,

I think you found a bug.  I set up a location with the specifications you
provided and v.in.dxf failed for me as it did for you.  I then managed to
import the same dxf file (Sample.dxf) into two other applications without
trouble.  Then I extracted the VERTEX data from Sample.dxf file and
converted that to a dig_ascii file and read that in.  That worked and
displayed within the window that you specified.

The dxf file consists of three POLYLINE objects, which in my experience
are little-used; the LWPOLYLINE is more common.  I think you came across a
problem with v.in.dxf and POLYLINE objects.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help with your problem.

Roger Miller