[GRASS5] dalloc.c, svd.c ?? linked list code ??

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Feb 24 00:44:34 EST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 05:17:14AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Eric G. Miller wrote:
>
> > 1) Anybody know anything about dalloc.c and svd.c in the gis library?
> > Seems the dalloc.c functions should be documented with the other memory
> > management routines.  I don't know what svd.c is about.  There are
> > virtually no comments in the code, nothing in the programming manual
> > that I could find.  It'd be good to get these items documented.
>
> FWIW, the functions in svd.c are used by m.svfit, which has the
>
>        m.svfit - Semivariogram model fitting.
>
> Both svd.c and dalloc.c appear to overlap with the plans for the gmath
> library.

I already went ahead and put minimal documentation for the dalloc
routines in the programmer manual.  Should, I back those out?  If they
aren't going to stick around, we probably don't want people to use
them.  If there are similar memory routines for gmath, maybe we could
harmonize the bunch?  And, if svd.c is only used by m.svfit, and there
is/will be similar functionality in gmath, I don't see a good reason
for it being stuck in libgis.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>