[GRASS5] GRASS internationalization

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 26 14:07:59 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:56:05PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:34:33PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:24:33PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > That is why we have the setting we have today.
> >
> > mhhh - what's the conclusion ? :-)
>
> This is an improvement which he should make in the grass5.1 tree.
>
> > > We also should be strict about stableising GRASS 5.0.x.
> > > We should aim for a data to add the new release branch
> > > to the grass5.0 tree.
> > >
> > > 	Bernhard
> >

> For the gras5.0 tree:
>
> > In general yes - but there is a huge number of bugs in RT
> > which are open.
>
> We have to sort them into critical and non-critical categories.
>
> Then we have a time where all bugs can be fixed.
> We are in this time peroid right now.
>
> Then we will branch, prerelease and hope to fix the critical bugs
> on the release branch.

Bernhard,

this suggestion is not new. We have to *find* people to do it
(you are welcome of course).
As far as I see the current number of continous contributors I
even see problems to keep three trunks (5.0exp, 5.0release, 5.1exp).
We probably do not have the human resources at time to manage such a
huge code base like this. Up to now we didn't reach the number of
contributors as found for KDE or Linux kernel projects. Of course...
Anyway, the 'to branch or not to branch' has been discussed enough.
Point is that we obviously don't get fixed the 5.0 bugs in a reasonable
time frame. From that we have to draw conclusions about the threshold of
critical and non-critical bugs.

Best,

 Markus