[GRASS5] [bug #928] (grass) d.area-tcltkg3.2: Failed color lookup for

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Feb 27 04:07:12 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:42:04AM +0100, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=928
>
> Subject: d.area-tcltkg3.2: Failed color lookup for
>
> Platform: Linux/Intel
> Linux distro: Mandrake
> linux cpu: Intel (i486, i586, pentium ...)
> Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
> Xwindows manager: KDE 2.x
> TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.0
> grass downloaded at: Trento site
> grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
> grass sources source: no, I got a source code package from the server,
> grass5.0.0pre3
> c compiler name: gcc
>
> d.area Tcltkgrass(3.2) menu permits lists 'indigo' as Polygone border & fill
> color, but seems not to be implemented with d.area.
>
> Note: 'indigo' works fine with e.g. d.vect.

In a misguided attempt to add flexibility, I made d.area use X11 color
names.  Unfortunately, the TclTkGrass interface was not updated to
reflect this.  X11 has no named color of indigo.  You might like
DodgerBlue though ;-0.

Note: d.area has been deprecated in CVS, the replacement uses
standard GRASS named colors (or RGB).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>