[GRASS5] Re: [bug #854] (grass) Transaction (egmiller)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 27 05:04:58 EST 2002

(cc grass5)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 01:13:01AM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:56:25AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 06:54:37AM +0100, Eric G.Miller via RT wrote:
> > > this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=854
> > >
> > > Wed, Feb 27 2002 06:54:37: Request 854 was acted upon.
> > >
> > >  Transaction: Status changed to resolved by egmiller
> > >
> > >        Queue: grass
> > >         Area: bug
> > >      Subject: v.llabel and v.alabel don't write dig_cats file
> > >        Owner:
> > >   Requestors: neteler at itc.it
> >
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > thanks for fixing the bug!
> > Will you also apply this to the release_branch?
>
> What is with this release branch?  I thought the purpose of the
> merge/sync was to eliminate it as unnecessary duplication.

no - the release branch is alive and kickin' (see Bernhard's mails
for details). The big job done by Glynn was synching both.

> You might try the modules out, I'm not sure about the lat/lon
> wrap around issue in v.llabel.  There was a note about it, but
> it doesn't seem likely there'd every be an issue with the coordinates
> of a line "wrapping".  It might actually introduce an error, but I
> don't have any data at the moment to test it against.
>
> Re: Syncing.  I don't have a tagged branch.  I suppose a commit
> with the -r flag is sufficient?

You will have to use the '-j' flag. Personally, I have both checked
out and, if files differ only in the update, copy the change across the
direcrtories and submit. If programs start to differ, only -j
is usable (then it starts to get tricky, luckily we didn't reach this
point so far).

Markus