[GRASS5] v.in.shape/mif - the sequel

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Jan 6 05:23:04 EST 2002

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > on the source tree, but I can't find any reference to common dbm types.
> > > Does anyone see any problem with #include'ing dbm.h on any particular
> > > platform? Especially useful would be information about non-Gnu
> > > platforms. GNU systems like linux, cygwin should pick up gdbm which is good.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm not aware of any addition of dbm since you last worked on
> > GRASS.  I don't see any problem adding it, but maybe help out with
> > configure rules?
>
> It would at least need to check both -ldbm and -lgdbm (I don't know
> about ndbm). Alternate library checks are already done for FFTW
> (-lfftw, -ldfftw) and Tcl/Tk (-ltcl, -ltcl<version>).
>
> I can add the configure.in rules if desired.

I've added the checks for DBM.

config.h should define HAVE_DBM_H, and the head file will define
DBMINCPATH (any -I switches), DBMLIBPATH (any -L switches) and DBMLIB
(-ldbm, -lgdbm or -lndbm) for use in Gmakefiles. I put libndbm last
as, on GNU systems, this may actually be a link to libdb (which
includes a DBM interface to Berkeley DB ("NEWDB") files).

Note: if dbm.h isn't in one of the standard include directories, you
need to use "--with-dbm-includes=..." (RH6.2 puts it in
/usr/include/gdbm). If you don't have it, you can use --without-dbm to
disable the checks.